Thank you for your interest in the Curmudegeon Cup @ Brew Haven organized by MASH Fort Wayne, New Haven, IN.
You only need to register your information once and can return to this site to enter more brews or edit the brews you've entered. You can even pay your entry fees online if you wish.
Entry Registration is Open
To add your entries into the system, please proceed through the registration process or log in if you already have an account.
Judge and Steward Registration is Open
If you have not registered and are willing to be a judge or steward, please register.
If you have registered, log in and then choose Edit Account from the My Account menu indicated by the icon on the top menu.
Get off my lawn!
What's that you say? You got beer you think is really good? Well, we'll be the judge of that. It's not one of those weird styles with lots of fruit or heaven forbid cloves, is it? Because we don't want to drink that. No sir. We also don't want to drink what you call an IPA; I'll judge it right now - it needs more hops! So save us both and don't send that in.
We're a little picky about what styles we judge. You would be too if every Irish Red you've had to judge taste dishwater filled with caramel corn. We're not interrested in that.
We're focusing on styles that don't have room to hide flaws under hops and spices.
This is also good for you - tighter competition yields to your beer being judged better because we actually give a darn about what we're drinking. And with less categories, it won't be a cakewalk to win and we don't have to combine so many disparate categories into one table.
We don't use this as a fundraiser, we try and break even each year. In other words, we're just a bunch of grizzled, disgruntled judges that like judging beer.
Now the fine print:
- This competition is AHA sanctioned and open to any amateur homebrewer age 21 or older.
- All mailed entries must received at the mailing location by the entry deadline - please allow for shipping time.
- All entries must be handcrafted products, containing ingredients available to the general public, and made using private equipment by hobbyist brewers (i.e., no use of commercial facilities or Brew on Premises operations, supplies, etc.).
- The competition organizers are not responsible for mis-categorized entries, mailed entries that are not received by the entry deadline, or entries that arrived damaged.
- The competition organizers reserve the right to combine styles for judging and to restructure awards as needed depending upon the quantity and quality of entries.
- The competition committee reserves the right to combine categories based on number of entries. All possible effort will be made to combine similar styles. All brews in combined categories will be judged according to the style they were originally entered in.
- Qualified judging of all entries is the primary goal of our event. Judges will evaluate and score each entry. The average of the scores will rank each entry in its category. Each flight will have at least one BJCP judge.
- The Best of Show judging will be determined by a Best of Show panel based on a second judging of the top winners.
- Bottles will not be returned to entrants.
You can send an email to any of the following individuals via the Contact section.
- Eric Knee — Admin
- Chris Pflieger — Competition Coordinator
MASH Fort Wayne is proud to have the following sponsors for the Curmudegeon Cup @ Brew Haven.